“Finding humor once again”
Currently, it has been a great effort for me to find any humor in my circumstances. I have so much to do, but here I am writing again. Perhaps if I release some of my worries by writing lists, it will be easier for me to be funny.
I wrote this title based on Lists – which allow me to organize my caregiving life, Listing – meaning I’m off balance, and Listless – the way I feel today after hearing so many complaints that I’m not fixing food for my family.
I need to find the filter again to stop saying those bad words. I said the “F” word last night when my husband and older teenagers were picking on me!
Medication List for our family:
Too numerous to mention.
Vitamin list for this mom:
At least ten supplements. Thank goodness for Costco. Plus, I illustrated all their vitamins, so it’s a tax deduction! I swallow them all at once; it’s quite a mouthful! I’m proud of that talent I have.
Is anyone feeling sorry for our cat? She was named Angel for a reason!
Mom’s reminder list of what not to do with our puppy named Killer:
1. Do not take him out in the front yard without a leash.
2. If you forget #1, be sure you are wearing a bra. When chasing a dog, there is a lot of bouncing going on.
3. Do not give Killer turkey. If you forget #3, you will have a lot of cleaning to do. Also, if you forget #3, be prepared to have “begging claws” inserted into your thighs and crotch!
4. Do not pick up his poop with your bare hand thinking it’s a chew toy.
5. Do not throw Killer off with the bedspread upon waking up.
6. Be prepared for a wet bedspread.
7. When closing doors, make sure not to sideways “guillotine” Killer.
8. Expect to need hearing aids in a few years if you have the parrot near this dog.
9. Do not allow Killer to lick my youngest son’s nostrils.
List of written accomplishments today:
1. Three commendation letters regarding excellent care and attention given to my mother at her nursing facility
2. I wrote another pleading and begging letter to the same facility – PLEASE, REUNITE MY PARENTS!
3. I posted forty pages of writing in only two days.
Anticipated Stress List:
1. Three illustrations to complete, which I’ve procrastinated on
2. Upcoming orthodontia and glasses for one of my children. Oh my god, I have oodles of appointments ahead of me!
1. My wonderful oldest son took his grandfather and his car to pass a smog test. It passed!
2. I’m not as fat as I used to be.
3. I’m starting voice lessons this week, either tomorrow or Friday.
4. My daughter helped our housekeeper, Rosa, by vacuuming a small area of carpet. In return, Rosa helped put black hair dye on for her.
5. I can laugh at most everything once again.
6. Compared to how I felt last night, I am amazed that I could even write a good list!
© Judy Unger and http://www.myjourneysinsight.com 2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Judy Unger with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.