My exercise in patience paid off. I’m so happy to see my finished painting, which is a tribute to the camellia bush my mother planted so many years ago. It is almost the same age I am!
There is a story to write about that – but I haven’t put it into words yet. It’s coming. . .
My most recent painting, “Camellias in bloom” was definitely an exercise in patience. It also became an opportunity for me to explore endless green color variations because I painted a lot of foliage.
I took photographs of my overgrown camellia bush for a period of two weeks. When the first flowers bloomed, their vibrancy was exquisite and the center petals were more closed up. Later on, the bush had far more flowers blooming, but many of them were in stages of decay.
The digital process of creating a photo-layout for my painting took time. I worked from many photos and chose the best-looking camellias to be my stars. I pulled them closer together than they were in my photos. I made sure to add some buds and chose interesting leaves to fill in my layout.
View original post 687 more words